Business development, as provided by Forefront Healthcare Consulting, falls into three categories:
- Developing strategic partnerships with companies through which you can sell your products or services, establish referral and cross-referral relationships and otherwise expand the reach of your organization into a new market;
- Researching, prospecting and qualifying leads to pass to your sales team for closing;
- Consulting, brainstorming, idea sharing for either one or both of the above.
Healthcare companies and organizations may develop business in different ways and through different channels, depending on:
- type of business
- targets and their needs
- uniqueness (or not) of value proposition
- competitive landscape
- maturity of market
- timeline for achievement of go-to-market, sales goals and milestones
- business development personnel in the organization
Successful Business Development Requirements
When considering your current or future business development strategy and personnel, you should evaluate the following requirements for successful business development, including which skills and strengths you possess or lack:
- Business intelligence
- Creative thinking
- Writing skill
- Project Management
Forefront Healthcare Consulting can support and/or supplement your in-house business development personnel, extend your business development team or serve as your outsource business development team. We have many connections in the healthcare industry and deep experience in forging connections and opening doors.
Call us at 800-924-5447 to talk about your business development strategy, goals and support or outsource needs. We will develop a plan based on your specific opportunities and circumstances.